Generosity

by - 26.4.15

True generosity is an offering; given freely and out of pure love. No strings attached. No expectations. - Suze Ormann

Hey guys! I know I haven't posted for a few weeks now and I'm really sorry about it. I didn't have a lot of time to write the third part of my trip to London, but I promise I'll finish the post as early as possible.
The reason I'm writing right now is a story I have just seen in TV. It was heartbreaking and that's why I have to tell you.
It was in a brasilian show that is broadcasted every sunday. They always show people which have a really hard life, but still manage to be happy. Today it was the story of a 11-year-old girl that made me cry for two hours. 
It all began with Marcela, a 11-year-old girl that wrote a letter to the show asking for help for her friend who is very poor. Marcela herself lives modestly but her friend Kauany has neither electricity nor running water. They have to walk more than 3km to get fresh water. She lives in an 45-year-old house with her parents, 8 siblings and 2 nephews. The house is in danger of collapse and when it rains, it drips into the house. Kauany's mum told the reporter that the house was used by drug-addicts 15 years ago, before she asked them if she could get the house since her and her husband were unemployed. 
The host of the show met the girls at the school and was always saying the word generosity. It's so touching seeing little girls that have already seen so much pain and poverty. You can tell by Kauany's character that she struggles with her situation; she's continuously crying and when she talks, she only says a few words. 
Words can't describe what I'm feeling right now. It's so incomprehensible how so many people suffer hunger and thirst while others' biggest problem is which Chanel bag they're buying. It's so unfair how some people have to live while others are literally swimming in money. There's so much pain in this world and most of the times, people who don't have that much money themselves are the ones who help the most. This people are generous. 
Fortunately, there was a rich lawyer who gave Kauany 90.000 Reais (brasilian currency) and 20.000 for Marcela. They also received a lot of toys, one year of basic groceries, a scholarship, clothes and some good their mums can use to make some money. So there are still some people out there who really care. 
I would like to help so many people, I know that there is so much poverty out there. Not only in developing countries, but also in emerging nations and industrial countries, Unfortunately TV only shows this when there's a natural catastrophy like the earthquake in Nepal (my prayers go out to the families and there loved ones). But there are people dying everyday! Every minute! Hunger, terrorism, assassinations are problems that happen everyday not only when something happens in a developed country! 
I hope I could draw your attention to this big problem that our society tries to hide and cover up by showing us celebrities wasting money on luxurious things that are NOT WORTH IT!

lots of love, sara xx

P.S: If you understand some portuguese, have a look on the video

You May Also Like

0 Kommentare